1. Sex appeared about 380 million years ago. This issue was attended by American scientists for a long time and came to the conclusion that the first creatures on the planet to have sex were fish that lived in Western Australia of the late Devonian.
2. Sex really burns calories. Canadian researchers from the University of Quebec have shown that men burn an average of 4.2 calories per minute during sex, while women burn about 3.
3. Women can smell "genetic compatibility". Swiss studies have shown that women's sense of smell is designed in such a way that they can smell the major histocompatibility complex. The more differences in the male and female complex, the more likely a couple will be able to conceive a child.
During a scientific experiment at the University of Switzerland, women had to choose T-shirts with the most pleasant smell, in which men had slept two nights in a row. The researchers say that women preferred the smells of the shirts worn by men with a different histocompatibility complex.
4. More often than other nations, Greeks have sex, namely, 138 times a year - almost three times a week. The survey was conducted by a well-known condom manufacturer for a long time, but the Greeks were in the lead unconditionally: the average for all countries is only 103 times a year.
5. And least of all - the Japanese, only 45 times a year. In 32% of couples, the break between two sexual contacts is more than a month. The survey was conducted among 3 thousand people aged 16 to 49 years.
6. Some may feel weak and unwell after orgasm. Perhaps it is an allergy. From the point of view of the Dutch neuropsychiatrist, who investigates these symptoms, patients are allergic to hormones, so during orgasm some neurotransmitters (transmitters of impulses located between nerve endings) begin to work intensively in the brain and spinal endings, which causes such a painful reaction of the body.
7. The most prolific man in history is the Moroccan ruler Moulay Ismail, who lived in the 18th century. He had 342 daughters and about 700 sons.
8. Of course, women find it difficult to compete with such fertility, nevertheless, among the ladies there are record holders: the first wife of Fedor Vasiliev (a Russian peasant from the city of Shuya) set a record for the number of children born by one woman. Between 1725 and 1765, she gave birth to a total of 69 children. Of these, 16 pairs of twins, 7 triplets and 4 quadruples, (a total of 27 births). Of the 69 children born, 67 survived infancy.
9. Fat men are great lovers, primarily because intercourse with them lasts longer. The Journal of Sexual Medicine has published research showing that the thicker a man's BMI, the less likely he is to suffer from premature ejaculation. Fat men make love on average 7.3 minutes longer than slender men.
10. The history of the condom goes back at least 400 years - it was invented at the beginning of the 16th century by Dr. Charles Condom for Henry VIII and was made from the mucous membrane of the intestines of a sheep. The oldest surviving condom is found in Sweden and dates back to 1640.